Family-friendly events during the Dubai Shopping Festival
It is that time of the year again where all eyes are on Dubai as the city gears up for the iconic Dubai Shopping Festival (DSF). Dubai Shopping festival 2020-21 is scheduled to start on Saturday, December 17, 2020, and will end on Sunday, January 30, 2021. During this time, visitors will experience family fun and entertainment, live concerts, unique markets, art installations, and stage shows plus super sales, unmissable promotions and chances to win life-changing prizes planned for residents and visitors to enjoy across the Emirate.
Same as in previous years, it will be a family-friendly event where participating malls including Mercato Mall, will keep up with the safety standards set by the local authorities.
Here are top family-friendly events during the DSF:
- Fireworks display – Stunning fireworks are displayed on the first day of the shopping festival. Wonderful fireworks display at various locations in Dubai, including Global Village, Dubai Creek, The JBR Beach every weekend. You may see the sky light up in vibrant colors and enjoy the festivities. In addition to this, residents and visitors can also watch the best of all, a dazzling firework display on New Year’s Eve, which forms part of the annual year-end celebration by DSF.
- Jaw-dropping discounts and freebies – The best shopping malls in Dubai will offer hundreds of attractive discounts. The festive period welcomed some of the most awaited sales and promotions of the year. All the products and stuff you have waited to buy, now it’s time to get it. Aside from huge discounts, there are also other fun activities to enjoy in various shopping malls like taking the kids to Fun City Dubai in Mercato Mall where they develop both mental and physical health.
- Live Concerts – With the art and cultural performances by artists from across the globe, the streets of Dubai will be vibrant this season. Various artists will perform in selected locations and in malls all through the festival. When you visit Dubai during this season, do not miss out on fun live concerts, celebrity performances, juggler acts, street-performances, and more.
- The DSF Carnival – As always, the DSF this year too, will host a spectacular parade with performances by renowned international artists, shows by acrobats, percussionists, dancers, and more. The carnival is usually held every weekend during the month-long DSF.
- 12-hour super sale – This season is all about sale. This year’s edition of the Dubai Shopping Festival will kick-off in style, beginning with an incredible ‘Five Week Sale’ that features more than 700 brands across 3200 participating outlets. In addition to this, DSF also offers the Weekend Deals that are announced every weekend, just 24 hours earlier.
If you are in search of the best shopping mall in Dubai with family, head on to Mercato Mall.