Basic protective measures against Covid19 (and what Mercato is doing)
Dubai and the whole UAE is continuing to closely monitor an outbreak of respiratory illness caused by a novel coronavirus, also known as the COVID-19.
As cases of COVID-19 have also been confirmed in the country, the UAE government has renewed its call to the public to take preventive health and personal hygiene measures as the number of COVID-19 cases in the country is increasing. For the past couple of weeks, establishments including shopping malls have been closed except for essential stores such as supermarkets and pharmacies. Just recently, the government has allowed shopping malls to start operating again as long as they follow mandated preventive measures.
Here are some preventive measures against COVID-19
Clean your hands often
Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to public places. If soap and water are not readily available, hand sanitizers that have at least 60% alcohol are a good replacement. While washing your hands, make sure to cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry. In addition to this, make sure to avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Avoid close contact
According to the World Health Organization, COVID-19 is airborne. Therefore, it is important to keep a distance between yourself and other people, especially people who are sick. Remember that some people without symptoms may be able to spread viruses.
COVID-19 can be spread easily. Hence, everyone is advised to wear a cloth face cover when they have to go out in public, for example to the supermarket, to the pharmacy or to pick up other necessities. The cloth face cover is meant to protect other people in case you are infected and also to protect yourself from others who might be infected.
Cover coughs and sneezes
Regardless if you are in a private or public setting, remember to always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or a cloth when you cough or sneeze. After that, make sure to immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use a hand sanitizer.
Preventive Measures at Mercato Mall
Mercato Mall’s primary concern is the health and safety of its employees and customers. Therefore, as cooperation to fight against the COVID-19, Mercato is also strictly implementing some preventive measures.
● To help in decreasing the number of cases, Mercato Mall has been closed for about two weeks and just reopened on April 24 with all shops open from 12:00 pm to 10:00 except for Spinneys Jumeirah which will have longer operating hours from 8:00 am to 10:00 pm.
● As the Mall is now open again in the public, Mercato asks its visitors to wear a face mask all the time and strictly observe social distancing to ensure a safe shopping environment for everyone.
● As per the UAE law, entertainment areas and tourist attractions in the Mall will remain close to restrict crowding.
● Another part of the UAE’s guideline is that people that are above the age of 60 and kids between 3-12 years of age are not allowed to enter shopping malls as they are more vulnerable in getting the virus.
● Furthermore, Mercato is also working regularly on sanitizing and disinfecting every area mall ensuring a safe shopping environment for everyone.
Mercato hopes that this global crisis will end soon and that you and your loved ones remain safe and healthy. If you are looking where to shop in Dubai for some necessities, Mercato will continue to provide the highest quality of products across their open stores.